This workshop is now full. Please check back for July programs.
Celebrate with us on June 21st from 6:30-8:30pm
Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time honored traditions and it is a significant turning point in the year. Celebrations of abundance, femininity, tribal dances and more take place on this evening.
Join Melissa Scagliarni of Satya Yoga & Wendy Hills of Be Well Academy as we celebrate the summer solstice with yoga, wine, snacks and a fire ceremony as we send out the old and welcome the new into our lives.
All events will take place outside. Inclement weather? No worries, we will celebrate in our barn. Further details will be emailed upon registration.
Cost: $15 per person (includes yoga, wine & snacks)
Where: Rumney, NH
Fairy Houses & Mindfulness
Explore! Create! Discover!
June 24th from 9:00-11:30am
Build a Fairy House with your little one in Rumney, NH . This workshop is perfect for children ages 5-10 years old.
Let’s get dirty! You and your child(ren) will tromp through the woods and yard finding materials to create your perfect fairy house.
Curious about mindfulness? It is an age old practice that is ever growing in popularity as we use it to calm our nervous system. Mindfulness allows us to look at situations differently and can provide focus. You and your child (niece, nephew, grandchild, friend) will participate in mindfulness through experiential learning and walk away with tools to use in your day to day routine.
Cost: $25 per child. Registering with more then one child? Cost will be $20 per child.
Morning includes: Intro to mindfulness, snacks and help assembling your fairy house. At the end of the morning, your child(ren) will leave with a completed fairy house!
Questions: Contact Wendy at email@example.com
Spots are limited so please sign up early!
$25 one child
$20 per child (2 or more)
YOGA AND MINDFULNESS SERIES
Dates coming Soon!
$100 per person
or $80 per person if you sign up with a friend!
Yoga and mindfulness work symbiotically to aid in reducing stress and anxiety, significantly improving ones quality of life.
In developing these practices together, one can begin to clean out the clutter both in the mind and body. Making more space for clarity and peace.
In this four week series, you will learn how the mind and body work together, allowing you to live your potential. The evening will begin with gentle yoga postures designed to turn the attention inward by cultivating awareness of ourselves. Seamlessly we will then transition to the mindfulness practices which will allow the body and mind to relax fully.
For more information visit our webpage
I was searching for something healthy and easy to make for dinner and what started as sausage, kale & spaghetti squash boats turned into chicken, vegetables and spaghetti squash boats with a marinara topping! If you know me, you’ll know that I love reading cookbooks or recipes online. If I do not have all of the ingredients, I am happy improvising so that I don’t have to make another trip to the grocery store where inevitably, I purchase other items that I don’t really need.
The meal that I created is for two people with leftovers for the freezer to be used for another meal but could easily turn into feeding four people by purchasing and cooking 2 spaghetti squash or, you could use 1 squash and serve 4 people by removing the squash from the “bowl” and adding a side dish.
Recipe for Spaghetti squash with a meat, veggie & marinara topping for two or four people:
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 16 oz package of ground chicken (could use other ground meat)
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed or chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- salt & pepper for both dishes to taste
- 2-24 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 small package of basil, chopped
- Pierce & place squash in microwave for about 3 minutes, this will make it easier to slice in half.
- Cut squash in half and place face down in an oven proof dish for roughly 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Preparing the Meat & Veggie Mixture
- On top of the stove, place 1 tablespoon of olive oil & add 1/2 of the onion.
- When onions are translucent, add ground meat.
- When meat is cooked 1/2 way through, add zucchini and mushrooms. Stir in spinach at end. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- In medium pan, place 1 tablespoon of oil & other 1/2 of onions.
- Add garlic and tomatoes when onions become translucent.
- Cook for about 15 minutes on medium low heat. Sauce will reduce and thicken.
- Add sugar and salt & pepper
- Add chopped basil
Combining it all!
- Remove squash from oven, a fork inserted easily into skin means it is ready for your consumption!
- Using a fork, pull the squash away from the skin, leave it in its bowl.
- Place 1/4 of the ground chicken and veggie mixture on top of the squash
- Add marinara sauce to your liking-about 3/4 of a cup.
The steps in this recipe are simple and when combined, make a delightful presentation for two people or four individuals. If you are vegetarian, you can skip the ground meat and add a medley of other vegetables. The possibilities are endless!